KGF - Story which every Indian should know
Kolar Gold Fields or I can say #KGF which is currently most gossiping topic in India . A Topic which is forced all in india to look towards #KGF . Like is KGF really able beat #ZERO . ZERO a Movie of King Khan Sharukh Khan , Hottest Katrina kaif or stunning anushka sharma ?
Wait !! Wait !!What ?
Is this website is for travelers or any else
Why do you people talking about these movies ?
Many of you might have these question isn’t it ?
So here is drill today we are going explore #KGF – Kolar Gold Mines
It’s Not an Yash upcoming Movie KGF , We are going explore the Kolar of Karnataka
Many of you know the story , Britishers used call India as # Sone ki Chidiya Means ” Bird of GOLD ” . Is any body know why ?
If we really didn’t know than we should shame on are self
Before Going to # KGF let me ask you simple question !!
Q –Did you know where did world famous Diamonds Koh-i-Noor , The Hope Diamond & The Mogul Diamond discovered ?
Ans-Yes it’s India & mostly its in South India
Getting to our story #KGF . Kolar a City of Karnataka where it’s Located . A fields which have seen all the major rulers of south India , Starting from Ganges to till Britishers . KGF which ruled over Centuries to centuries from dynasty to dynasty .
Kola fields where the mining started about on 2nd century BC by Gangas .Who made kolar as their capital .Later the kolar was shifting from cholas , hoysalas , Vijaynagara , Shahu marathas and Biritshers to till mysore empires . Fore more thousands years Kolar is under the Ganges where the took the title of ”Kuvalala-Puravareshwara” ( Lord of Kolar) ” . And in the time og Great cholas Renuka godess temple were built in kolar
Before the Britishers into Kolar , The mining was going on small scale .But after the increasing demand of Gold in the country and growth , Kolar Gold Fields was compiled by Rev. Fred Goodwill, Superintendent of the Wesleyan Tamil Mission, Bangalore and Kolar Gold Fields.
Birth of the city
By increasing the growth demand of labours increased in the city resulting labour, people from Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri, Salem, the North and South Arcot districts of Tamil Nadu and Chittoor, Madanapalli and Ananthapur districts of Andhra Pradesh, were settled around the various shafts.
Development of City
As the people increasing in city the development of city in creased . In the time of British they started the school of boys and girls of European workers such as Kolar Gold Fields Boys School Oorigaum & KGF – An English School for Europeans and Anglo Indians . During this time kolar is also known as ” Little england ” because of pleasant weather and landscape much like Britons . KGF was the second town in Asia to get electricity after tokyo from shivanasamudra hydro electric project in mandya district
Gold of Kolar
The mining of Kolar which is started as early on 2nd century BC and ended on 2001 . Longest runned mined in the world .Once Kolar Gold Fields were counted as one of the major gold mines in world but now the gold mines are closed down
Tourism of Kolar
Every Indian should know the history of their surroundings . Instated of spending lot of money to outside countries , they should visit their own country and spend it there which will help to increase GDP of particular place . Here are few places where one can visits while exploring the KGF
- Kotilingeshwara temple – A huge shivalinga and Nandi along with more than 84 Lakh small shiva lingas
- Avani – Known for sitadevi temple which is located in th hill . It’s an one of the few temples dedicated to sitadevi in india
- Bangaru Tirupati– Ancient temple of lord venkateshwara St. Michael’s and All Angels’ Church, Oorgaum – The origin of the church goes back to 1899, and was for the exclusive use of the (white) officers of the John Taylor and Sons, London, which owned the gold mines at Kolar Gold Fields
People who are responsible for to show KGF to the World
- Fred Goodwill -Superintendent of the Wesleyan Tamil Mission, Bangalore and Kolar Gold Fields
- Yash & Prashant Neel – A fictional movie called KGF starring Yash directed and written by Prashanth Neel will be released in December 2018 which revolves around liberating the enslaved laborers in Kolar Gold Field
- Hyder Ali – father of Tipu Sultan
- D. V. Gundappa – Kannada poet
- K. C. Reddy – first Chief Minister of Karnataka
- Maasti Venkatesh Ayengar – Kannada writer and Jnanpith Award recipient
- K. H. Muniyappa – Union Minister of state for Indian Railways; represents Kolar in the Parliament of India for a sixth term.
- N. R. Narayana Murthy – Chairman and Chief Mentor of Infosys Technologies Limited
- Soundarya – South Indian film actress
- A. N. Prahlada Rao – author and crossword
Some photos which will inspire you to travel Kolar
Share you experiences /Feedback towards the article on firstname.lastname@example.org